Week tour in Ålesund
The Best idea to see the Best in Norway is to come to Ålesund and stay here for a week!
This package represent all spectacular highlights from the heart of Norway – Ålesund city. Enjoy an amazing architecture style, the incredible landscape, unique Scandinavian atmospheres, and the rich history from Nordic cultures. Visit the most popular sights of county Møre og Romsdal and even maybe you will lucky to hunt the Aurora Borealis from September to February.
Ålesund offers you everything: beautiful architecture, ancient history from the Vikings times, fjords and mountains, numerous museums and galeries, shopping, healthy and tasty ecological food.
- Ålesund is internationally famous for its distinctive architecture in the “Art Noveau” style (Jugendstil) with towers, spires and imaginative decoration on the house facades. This particular style of architecture in the centre of Ålesund is a result of the catastrophic fire in 1904 that completely destroyed the centre of the town.
- From Mount Aksla you can enjoy the amazing view above the city and the surrounding islands, including the Viking`s islands Giske and Godøy.
- Medieval Village Sunnmore gives an insight into people`s life from the Stone Age up in recent times, through various exhibitions and a large collection of old houses and boats, including Viking ships.
- The Geirangerfjord, due to its breathtaking beauty, has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2005. Among the most scenically outstanding fjord area on the planet, Geirangerfjord is the jewel in the crown of the Norwegian fjords. It is a fairy-tale landscape with its majestic, snow-covered mountain tops, wild and beautiful waterfalls, lush green vegetation and the deep, blue fjord.
- All 9 fjords around Ålesund: Borgundfjorden, Breidsundet, Ellingsøyfjorden, Flisfjorden, Grytafjorden, Heissafjorden, Storfjorden, Valderhaugfjorden, Åsefjorden
- Viking`s islands: Valderøy, Godøy, Giske, Ellingsøy
- Troll`s country: Åndalsnes, Romsdals horn, Trollvegen, Trollstigen.
- Canyon Gudbransjivet with mountain river and cascade waterfalls
- Strawberry’s valley Valldal
- Subsea tunnels – 30 m under sea bottom and 140-150 m under sea level
- Atlantic park. You can experience the fascinating feeding show here – every day, all year round. The fish are then being hand-fed by the aquarium diver in one of the largest sea water tanks in Europe. The water supply is situated in Atlantic ocean.
- 7 days / 6 nights in 3-4 star hotels in Ålesund downtown, DBL, with rich Norwegian breakfasts (organic food)
- English speaking guide throughout
- Transfer from international airport Vigra to hotel
- 3 (three) excursions in group tours :
- 2 hours Walking tour,
- 3 hours Medieval Village Sunnmore,
- 8 hours tour to Geiranger.
- Transfer hotel – airport Vigra
- Meals – lunch and dinners (but guide will navigate you about places)
- Gratuity for your tour guide. Tipping your tour guide is an entirely personal gesture
- International flights to/from Ålesund
- Norwegian / Schengen Visa
Upon arrival at international airport Vigra, Alesund, you will be met and transferred to hotel by your tour leader. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
All hotels, we have chosen for this program, are situated very convenient in downtown of Ålesund Old city. So, your first acquaintance with this charming city will be easy and pleasant.
|Day 2||Walking tour in Ålesund Old city, 2 hours.
Ålesund is internationally famous for its distinctive architecture in the “Art Noveau” style (Jugendstil) with towers, spires and imaginative decoration on the house facades. This particular style of architecture in the centre of Ålesund is a result of the catastrophic fire in 1904 that completely destroyed the centre of the town.
Guide will tell you story from ancient ages to modern life Norwegians. Many miracle secrets will be uncovered during this trip. Be curious, ask the questions!
|Day 3||Sightseeing tour around Ålesund + Visiting Medieval Village Sunnmore — the open-air museum with its vast collection of old houses. While walking in between these houses you feel as if you are put back in time, and you will see how people lived in earlier times. In the main building the fascinating exhibitions on archaeology and culture in the Sunnmøre region will provide you with a unique insight into the life of the people who have inhabited this area for several thousand years. Take a look at the museum’s vast boat collection too, including replicas of Viking ships. The beautiful area surrounding the museum is also excellent for walks.
Duration 3 hours
|Day 4||Today you have a possibility to discover Ålesund and county Møre og Romsdal by your own.
On this tour package, we have arranged extra activities that we think will enhance your travel experience, but you have a choice as to whether or not you will participate. These are not included in the cost of your trip. They are usually organized on a group participation basis and should be taken into consideration when budgeting your trip.
Some of the Optional Activities on your trip are operated by Uniktur, but also, we arrange the activity as an agent of the local suppliers.
Round trips from Ålesund:
|Day 5||Full – day round trip from Ålesund to Geiranger.
Let`s try to fish in fjords. Uniktur can arrange you an amazing event. Catch in our local fjords is 100% guarantee! Then, we prepare your fish on a grill right on the fish harbour. Tasty and healthy!
— Fishing in fjords. 3-4 hours. price from 3500 NOK/ tour
— Shopping in business center Moa, bus 80 NOK
— 3 hours walking/hiking with a picnic. Price 250 NOK / person, bus ticket 80 NO
Touring arrangements end this morning after breakfast and hotel check out. Tour guide can help you with the transfer — book taxi or navigate with a bus schedule from the bus station (5 min walking distance from any hotels) to international airport Vigra.
Departure dates can be guaranteed with a minimum of 2 persons. Prices shown are per person traveling. ‘Twin/Double’ prices per person apply when there are 2 people traveling, sharing a room. Family rooms, SNGL and TRPL we provide for a request.
Please note: while we make every effort to keep these prices as accurate and up-to-date as possible, they are subject to change and in rare circumstances, the actual price may vary slightly to what is published here.
- First Hotel Atlantica Dbl Standart — 1575 Euro/per person
- Hotel Scandic Parken Dbl Standart — 1658 Euro/ per person
- Hotel Brosundet Dbl Standart — 1778 Euro/ per person